Look and Listen . . . Trust and Obey

 

Scripture Numbers 21:2,3-Israel made a vow and the Lord listened and answered. Numbers 22:18,20-I could not go beyond the word of the Lord my God, to do less or more . . . “If the men come to call you, rise and go with them; but only the word which I speak to you—that you shall do.” Numbers 22:31-Then the LORD opened Balaam’s eyes . . . and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. Numbers 22:38b-The word that God puts in my mouth, that I must speak. Numbers 23:3-Whatever He, the LORD, shows me I will tell you. Numbers 23:19-God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Observation The Lord listens and answers. The Lord spoke and Balaam did. The Lord opened Balaam’s eyes and he bowed in obedience. The Lord gave Balaam a word to speak and that he spoke. The Lord God speaks the truth and will follow through on what He has spoken.

Application When I pray, I can trust that God is listening and will respond. When the Lord speaks, I would obey. I would be obedient as God opens the eyes of my heart. I would speak the words the Lord gives me to share. I would trust in and be a doer of God’s Word. I would trust that God will keep/be true to His Word.

Prayer Father, today I am listening for/to You. Today I am looking to You. I would be a doer/sharer of Your Word. I would trust You and Your Word with all my heart.


No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...