Grace-Amazing-Love

This song is on my mind/heart this morning and it sparked other thoughts, meditations, verses, songs, and a thankful heart... wanted to share it with you...

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
Amazing Love
Now flowing down
From hands and feet
That were nailed to the Tree
As Grace flows down and covers me

Chorus
It covers me
It covers me
It covers me
And covers me

I can still remember my Dad saying, "Where would we be without grace?"
My thought and response , "I'm glad we don't have to know".

Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher/Perfecter of our faith, Who for the joy set before Him endured the cross..."My joy I give unto you...My grace is sufficient for you"...the grace of God has appeared unto all...by grace you have been saved through faith, not of yourself, it is The Gift of God...thanks be to God for His indescribable Gift...Thank You, Jesus, for delivering The Gift, for paying the price; the gift only You could/can deliver, the price only You could/can pay...for we were/are not delivered by perishable things like gold and silver but with/by the precious blood of Jesus,The Spotless Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world. For there is no other name, given under heaven by which we must/can be saved.


ONCE AGAIN

Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing, poured out to death
Many times, I've wondered at Your gift of life
I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

CHORUS-
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life

Now you are, exalted to the highest place
King of the heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I marvel at this saving grace
I'm full of praise once again
I'm full of praise once again

CHORUS-

Thank you for the cross
Thank you for the cross
Thank you for the cross, my Friend.

How much does God/Jesus love us? Just take time to look to, focus on His cross...uts everything into perspective.

This moment, this day, I remember/focus and am both humbled by His love/sacrifice and thankful beyond words to describe/express. Also, I am reminded of the verse in Philippians, "Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus"...and of Jesus' own words to us in the Gospels, "Love one another as I have loved you". I want that mind and to love like that, more like Jesus.

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...