You and Me

A memory not so long ago or so it seems to me
Of a baby girl giggling while bouncing on my knee
Sitting on my lap freely giving hugs and kisses too
Always saying “I love you!”
Together we did sing and rhyme
Yet it seems that in no time
That a little girl stood by my side
Always together me and you
Always saying “I love you!”
Before these eyes I watched you grow
Blessing my life I want you to know
Then that little girl became a teen
How to express how much to me you mean?
Together we grew me and you
Always saying “I love you!”
Up hills we climbed
Down them we flew
In sunshine and through rain
Through times of joy and pain
Always behind me
Holding me too
Always saying “I love you!”
Now a young lady stands by my side
Together we look down the aisle wide
Slowly now we begin to stroll
Through my mind the memories roll
“Who gives this woman?”
How can it be?
(Not so long ago it seems to me
A baby girl bouncing on my knee
Now before my eyes a woman I see)
And as I’m saying that “I do”
Know that I always love you too!

For my niece Jeanine on her wedding day

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...