REMEMBERING

 

REMEMBERING

  To begin the year of 2006, I sent out a devotional/prayer e-mail on each Monday. These were mainly excerpts from my personal journal. In November of 2007 I wrote my first blog entry. Exposed to only a limited number of viewers since then, it is my prayer that it will now reach out to a larger audience and that what is written and shared here will be a blessing and encouragement to all who partake of it. That it may be food and drink to the soul, delivered to me by the Bread of Life and Living Water to share with you.

"Blessed are all those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be fed"-Jesus

Seems as though the very early, even the pre-dawn moments of the morning are the most precious and intimate with my Father, my Abba. Jesus knew it was a special time, a needed time, and He set an example. Surely if Jesus needed this private time with His Father, then how much more do I? I seem to have a more tender, open spirit in the stillness and quiet and I remember the words of the LORD in Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God..."

 

So, early this morning I listened, and I wrote and now I share.

One Hope, Jesus Christ...

One Lord, Jesus Christ...

One Spirit, Holy Spirit...

 1 Corinthians 6:19-20  This body is Your temple, not mine own...bought at a price  1 Peter 1:18-19 ...therefore to glorify God. Remember the price, remember the passion, remember the cross, remember that Jesus did that all for you, Jesus paid it all for you...look, turn your eyes on Jesus, focus on Jesus, enduring the cross for you, look full into His face and what do you see?

Amazing grace...

Amazing love flowing down,

From hands and feet that were nailed to a tree,

That grace flows down and covers me.

That is why Jesus came...to seek and save, to give His life for me (to me), to willingly lay it down, to ransom my soul, to offer Himself up for me...my Lord, my Savior, my salvation, my Jesus.

Oh, to be one with You,

Oh, to be more like You,

Oh, to be transformed into Your image and likeness,

Oh, to love You more and love more like You,

Oh, to be full of grace and truth,

Oh, for Your glory to shine,

Oh, that others see You in me,

Oh, that others see You through me

At this time of year when I remember Your sacrificial death and celebrate Your glorious resurrection, I also remember anew and afresh the reason You came. You came, Jesus, to pay the highest, immeasurable price that only You could pay, for the greatest, immeasurable, eternal gift ever. .

So, I would live a life of cherishing and sharing the gift, Your gift of grace and eternal life.

So, I would live a life of thanksgiving every moment of every day. Thank You Abba! Thank You Jesus! Thank You Holy Spirit, my constant companion!

Today You minister to me, encourage me, focus me, love me. This day You help me remember...I need Your help, I need You, I need to remember and give thanks!


No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...