Earthquaking

Early I awoke this morning...laying awake in the stillness and quiet when I heard a tiny rattling sound but could not figure out where it was coming from...then what sounded like a sudden gush of wind but it was different...a kinda eerie feeling overcame and in the pit of my stomach there was a churning, goofy, butterfly, uneasy feeling...the window rattled, my bed did a little wave like thing, like the floor dropped out from under me...not for long but long enough...the little rattle returned and then all was still and quiet again. I looked at the clock and it was 4:39 am when it was all over...how long it lasted I do not know but what it was I was pretty sure of, it was something I had only experienced once before in my life (16-18 years ago) but it was unmistakable...an earthquake was my thought and...a report on the radio and news on the internet served to confirm what I already knew that it was indeed an earthquake. Wow!

A 5.4 on the Richter Scale with its epicenter about 180 miles away in Illinois. I sit here amazed, in awe of Your Almighty Power! I remember shaking and earthquaking in Your Word...Isaiah, at the cross on the ninth hour..."It is finished!"...on Resurrection morning, in the Book of Acts on the Day of Pentecost there was a sound from heaven like a mighty rushing wind, and as the disciples had fervently been praying "The place where they were assembled was shaken and they were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke The Word with boldness." Wow!

Awakened, shaken physically, let it be for me too a spiritual awakening, shaking...oh to be filled with The Holy Spirit, flowing freely, fully, in me and through me, Your temple...proclaiming, living Your Word, in Your Power, by Your leading, for Your glory I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...