A Journey with Jesus-Who I AM

Today I begin a journey, a walk with Jesus in the gospel written by His beloved disciple and friend John. Today I begin a personal, intimate journey, walk with Jesus. Today I will look and listen to Jesus. Today I will learn from and lean on Jesus. Today I will know Jesus and love Him with All my heart. Today I will live with Jesus and for Jesus. Today I join in the proclamation of William Booth (Founder of the Salvation Army), "Jesus Christ has All of me."
Today I will do All I do, with All my heart as unto Jesus.

Near the end of the Gospel of John, in John 20:31, he gives the reason, purpose for writing what he did, "These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name." Life abundant...life everlasting...in Him...in His Name...that is why Jesus came. Today Jesus is saying, "I want you to know Me, I want you to know Who I AM". Today the journey with Jesus begins in the first chapter of John.

JESUS is...
The Word...Eternal...God...Creator...The True Light...Giver of the right, power, authority, privilege to (miraculously) become children of God, something only Jesus can do...The only begotten of the Father...The glory of God...Full of grace and Truth...Declarer of God...Unfolder of the things of God.

What did others say...who did they say He was...who did He say He was?
Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!-John the Baptist
This is the Son of God.-John the Baptist
The One Who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.-God's words, declaration to John the Baptist
Rabbi, Teacher-Disciples
The Messiah...The Christ-Andrew
The One of Whom Moses and the prophets wrote-Philip
Rabbi, Son of God, King of Israel!-Nathanael
The Son of Man-Jesus

Thank You, Jesus, for All you are to me!
Thank You for being my All-in-All!

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...