LOOKING TO JESUS

 



Scripture Hebrews 12:1-4 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  looking unto Jesus, the  author and  finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Observation This life of faith is one of endurance and focus.

Application Keep my eyes, my  focus, on Jesus and that victory which is guaranteed because He endured the cross and defeated death and reigns forever at the right hand of God.

Prayer Thank You Jesus for enduring the cross and defeating death for me. I would run this race with endurance, laying aside that which would weigh me down, and keep my eyes, my focus on You.

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...