HOME-Four, Five, Six, Seven

Breathing, breathing, breathing...I remember the breathing. Stillness…I remember the stillness. Quietness…I remember the quietness. Still in bed…in the quietness I listened to/for your every breath. Still by the couch…in the quietness I listen to and count your every breath. “Be still and know that I AM God”…”In quietness and confidence is your strength”. With every breath...in the stillness…in the quietness then…in the stillness…in the quietness now…I knew…I know…I experienced…I am experiencing…Your presence…Your peace…Your strength…Your grace. Lingering...that's the word that came to mind...that's the word that described it...almost here, almost gone...I remember the lingering...as morning neared noon I sat beside you, held your hand and remembered the words to a song...
"When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near, When my life is almost gone,Hear my cry, hear my call, Hold my hand lest I fall,Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home ....
At the river I stand , Guide my feet, hold my hand , Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home...
 I'm tired, I’m weak, Lord I’m worn , Through the storm, through the night, Lead me on to The Light, Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home."
I sang the words released your hand...in the stillness...in the quietness...no more breaths to hear or count...your hand passed from my feeble hand to His precious nail scarred hand as Jesus led you across the river, to The Light and welcomed you home.
-In the stillness...in the quietness...I remember. "I LOVE YOU POP!"
























No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...