Father's Day

One day, one Sunday in June, as summer approaches...chosen by whom? Chosen when? Chosen to be celebrated/recognized this time of year I know not why, nevertheless we call it Father's Day. It is a day to remember, a day to honor, a day to celebrate fathers and fatherhood.

Today I sat outside encircled by the half globe of a cloudless blue sky, the sun shining brilliant bright, warm hot upon my face and arms I soaked it in while the slightest breeze barely rustled the leaves and brushed gently over my browning skin, and I listened as birds sung timeless melodies known only to them and their Creator, my Creator, my Father. I saw a bluebird and remembered a childhood song, "...my oh my what a wonderful day!" It is a wonderful day, this day that the LORD has made, this gift the LORD has given, I will (do) rejoice and be glad in it(another childhood song)! I rejoice and am glad in Him! I rejoice and am glad in the gift of eternal life He has given! I rejoice and am glad that at this very moment, somewhere beyond the blue sky I see is another cloudless sky where the Son is the sun shining in the fullness of His glory in that eternal homeland! I rejoice and am glad that at this very moment my father is there with his Father rejoicing and glad! I rejoice and am glad that one day, one timeless day, I will join them there too! Until that day I will live loving my LORD, my God, my Father, my Abba, with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength! I will live a life that honors and glorifies my Father! I will live a life of love that honors my father, my pop!

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...