Truly Love

Valentine’s Day…flowers will be given, sweets…little candy hearts, heart shaped boxes full of chocolates…sweets from and for a sweetheart…cards carefully chosen…in expression of love on this day. In schools children will give cute cards to their classmates…seems not so long ago I was one of those children, life and love were so simple and so innocent then…I belonged to a family, I had parents, a Dad and a Mom, who loved, cared for me, provided for me, were always there for me…there was a place called home, not just a house to live in, but a home…a place of belonging, safety, security, and love…I look back now and realize how blessed I was (I am), I realize how much I had (have) to be thankful for, I knew then that I was and I know now that I am loved.

So let us say“I love you”, for it needs to be said, however the true measure of love expresses itself, shows forth, in our actions, in the things we do, otherwise the word “love” rings hollow, is empty, for love is a verb, it is a doing, showing, taking action word, it is a decision we make, and it is to be demonstrated. I am thankful that this is the kind of love I have and do experience. Thank You Father and thank You Jesus for continuously demonstrating Your love for me and to me! Today I want to live a life demonstrating love to You and for You, loving You with all of my heart and loving others as You love me. So, on this day of giving sweets, there is nothing sweeter in my life than being in love with You. So, on this day of giving hearts, I give my heart anew to You…loving, trusting, seeking You with all my heart! So, on this day of giving flowers that look so pretty and smell so fragrant but soon fade away, I am thankful that there is no beauty more glorious or fragrant so pleasant as Your ever abiding presence in my life, than Your Holy Word, never fading, never failing, everlasting…sweeter, more fragrant, more glorious, more beautiful as time goes on. So, on this day as cards and love letters are given, I am thankful You have given a card, a love letter, Your Word, that is forever, there is nothing I possess that is sweeter, more precious or treasured. Today I am loved beyond measure…so I would love as You love…I would share Your love with ALL!

2 comments:

Dannah said...

Mike,

I read Stacy's blog from time to time and today saw the link to your blog. I so enjoyed reading it. You are a gifted writer. Reading your post tells me a lot about who you are these days.

Hope you remember who I am. I commented on Stacy's blog the first time I read it and she didn't remember me. I know we all have had a lot happen in the last 20 years...so it is hard to remember those we didn't know well.

Dannah Andrews

M Rod said...

Wow!!! Of course I remember you. Last I heard you were working at BBC. Send something to my e-mail address...tell me how to contact you. Do you have a facebook? Will write more...Mike

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...