His Passion for You

There is One though unseen is always present with you (and me), the One Who knows your hurt, suffering, pain, the One Who knows your stress and the heavy burden on your heart…the One Who bids us to cast all our cares upon Him…all who labor and are heavy laden…and find rest, rest for your soul (Matthew 11:28-30). The One Who is humble and lowly in Spirit and yet sits at the right hand of God (Ephesians 1:20) forever interceding for us (Hebrews 7:25). A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief…despised and rejected…oppressed, afflicted, stricken…the One Who bore our grief and carried our sorrows…wounded, bruised, crushed, punished…the One Who poured out His very soul…all for us (Isaiah 53). The Man troubled, deeply distressed, “Exceedingly sorrowful…” (Mark 14:33-34) as He prayed. Today I beheld The Man…The Son of God…willingly suffering and laying down His life, demonstrating His love and His Father’s love (Romans 5:8)…for me, for you, for whosoever…for God so loved the world (John 3:16)! Today I beheld my Savior, my Lord, my Jesus, suffering beyond comprehension, dying, and resurrected! Today I beheld Jesus purchasing (1 Peter 1:18-19) the gift of eternal life (Romans 6:23)! Wednesday, February 6 (nine months since my Dad passed on to his eternal home), Ash Wednesday, marked the beginning of this season of Lent leading up to our glorious celebration of Jesus’ resurrection (just like He said) on Easter Sunday morning. I remember too His passion for me, I look to Jesus (Hebrews 12:2), I focus on Him, I seek to follow Him and His example (Philippians 2:5), I desire to love Him and love like Him, to share His love and love as He loved (John 15:12). So loved, so blessed, so thankful…through it all! Not always easy, not always enjoyable, through hurt, pain, difficulties, and trials…I know all too well but even more so does my Jesus, in the midst of it all, He knows, He understands, He is ever present, He whispers, “Peace be still, I AM with you” and I know everything is going to be alright, and there is peace surpassing understanding, and there is hope, eternal hope, and there are promises, eternal promises, and there is life, eternal life, and there is an eternal home where there will be no more suffering or pain. Hallelujah! These are His words…these are His promises…this is where I place my trust…this is where I place my faith…in the One Who is Faithful and True…in Jesus. So, I share this with you because I love you. Comfort one another with these words (1 Thessalonians 4:18)

No comments:

Riding The Storm Out

  Scripture     Acts 27:20 Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would ...